NASCAR RVers reminded to check carbon monoxide levels

Share

Francesca Jarosz writes in the Indianapolis Star that “RVs at Brickyard get carbon monoxide fliers

“The warnings follow the May death of a 43-year-old Illinois man during the Indianapolis 500. Police said Michael Thies’ RV likely sucked in carbon monoxide emissions from nearby generators or engines. Coroners have not yet confirmed his cause of death, but three others in his RV were hospitalized with excessive amounts of carbon monoxide in their blood,” writes Jarosz.

“The health department advises campers to inspect their generators, avoid leaving windows down and vents open near generator exhaust, and to direct the exhaust away from the camping area.”

Photo: Steve Seminski, Oshawa, Ontario, shows where a generator’s exhaust emits from a recreational vehicle owned by friend Garry Brandow, Orangeville, Ontario, while parked in a lot near Indianapolis Motor Speedway. – MATT DETRICH / The Star

Share
More from Julianne G Crane

Avid tent campers Stewart and Kate Gardner of northern Virginia may have an RV in their future

Share Tweet Stewart and Kate Gardner, both 37, were our neighbors on...
Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *