Returning to Escapees Park of the Sierras is always a treat for us. It is only 26 miles south of the entrance to the amazing and popular Yosemite National Park and 34 miles north of Fresno on Hwy 41, (east of I-5/ Hwy 99).
A major attraction of Park Sierra is its physical character, sitting on 161 acres in the Sierra Nevada foothills. The park’s 254 sites stretch along “winding, hilly roads, that retain most of the native oak-pine-manzanita vegetation.”
The real reason, however, we keep returning each year are the friendly and helpful people in the park. We were members for a year and, luckily, still have friends here. The park was “founded in the late 1980s as a nonprofit cooperative … (and) was entirely designed and built by volunteer full-time RVers.” It is a great place to visit.
– This is for Escapees RV Club members only.
– It accepts reservations, call (559) 658-8696.
– Daily $21 – includes full hookups, Cable TV and Internet.
– Monthly rate is $480, plus electricity – includes full hookups, Cable TV & Internet. (Guests have a 90-day limit per calendar year.)
– 24-hour laundry and showers.
– Dry Camping – 1st day free, $5 per day, 7-day limit.
“To the east of the park is the Sierra National Forest and to the southeast the magnificent Kings Canyon and Sequoia National Parks (116 miles).”
Bottom: Site 413 at Park of the Sierras has a southwest view of rolling hills covered with live oak and manzanita. (Julianne G. Crane)