The people behind the MARVAC Flint (Michigan) Camper & RV Show (March 13-16, 2014) sent along the following uses for your RV when your are not camping along a babbling brook or overlooking an amazing mountain view.
The seven most popular activity to do in an RV, these versatile vehicles are the perfect complement to any sport or hobby.
· Sports—Whether your family likes to snowmobile, ski, mountain bike or canoe, there’s room for it in your RV. Toy haulers provide the most space, but your travel trailer or motor home works too.
· Tailgating—RVs are the big ticket when it comes to game time, taking tailgating to a whole new level. There is no need to worry about your ice melting, trying to find a clean restroom, or looking for a place to cook your meals. With an RV, everything is right within your reach.
· NASCAR—As many avid RVers and auto racing fans know, NASCAR can be best enjoyed with the company of their RVs. With refreshments handy and special parking in camping areas convenient to the track, NASCAR and RV fans are able to enjoy the best of both worlds.
· Day trips—Take your family on a day trip to a museum, the zoo, area festival, scenic drive, or shopping at the outlet malls. You’ll save money by preparing your own meals and snacks, and there’s plenty of room for souvenirs.
· Hunter’s cabin—No more dark nights in a drafty, rustic cabin. After a long day in the woods or fields, return to your thermally controlled RV and relax. Your RV’s kitchen is also ideal for cleaning, preparing and freezing small game and fish.
· Guesthouse—Visit family and friends and stay in the comfort of your own RV. No more long nights on Aunt Edna’s lumpy couch—your RV has a queen size bed, extra space for the kids and much needed privacy. Better yet, use as a guesthouse when friends and family visit you.
· Volunteering—Volunteer with your RV and turn it into a soup kitchen on wheels, mobile campaign headquarters or a traveling donation center, collecting items for local charities. (Editor’s note: Consider Habitat for Humanity’s RV Care-a-Vanners.)
The Michigan Association of Recreation Vehicles and Campgrounds Flint Camper & RV Show is open Weekdays 2-9 p.m., Saturday 11 a.m.-8 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m.-5 p.m.
Photo: Courtesy of GoRVing.com