Many families are renting recreation vehicles (RVs) for the fun, freedom and flexibility of taking trips to special events or dream destinations without having to plan their itinerary around staying in motels or in relatives’ spare rooms.
RV rentals are popular options for families who are looking to maximize their two-week summer vacation by spending time together in an outdoor setting whether at a national park or by a mountain lake.
While rentals generally spike in warmer weather, summer vacations aren’t the only reasons to rent an RV. Family and college reunions, and tailgating at football and NASCAR events are also top reasons to rent.
There is an overwhelming amount of information available online for those who want to rent a recreation vehicle for a day or a month.
– Go RVing for a wealth of information on RV life, travel trends, vehicles types and lists of RV dealers and campgrounds in your area.
– Recreational Vehicle Rental Association for a searchable online directory of hundreds of rental companies.
– Cruise America, (800) RV4RENT, is the nation’s largest RV rental chain. These are the motor homes you see on the highways that are wrapped in iconic scenes of the great outdoors.
– El Monte RV, (888) 377-2214, is one of America’s leading motor home and trailer rental companies, catering to both international and domestic travelers.
– Camping World’s RV Rental, (877) 297-3687) has 23 rental locations scattered across the USA.
– Apollo RV, (800) 370-1262, has four USA destination locations in the west. The largest privately owned leisure vehicle operator in the world, with 19 branches throughout Australia and New Zealand.
– American Dream Vacations touts 11 locations with motor homes, travel trailers and tent campers for rent.
Photo: Popular destinations for RV rentals are national and state parks including this compact Class C motor home camped at Lost Dutchman State Park, near Phoenix, Arizona. (Julianne G. Crane)